Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's Perfectly Natural Root Food - 1st Usage


I have been following Precious Curls blog for a couple of weeks now and recently she featured a lovely woman named Denise.  Reading her story reminded me of my own reasons for going natural that I decided to check out her new product line.  After reading the reviews of this product on Precious Curls and seeing Denise's before and after pictures of her hair loss and regrowth, I decided to give it a try.  By the way, Precious Curls is having a giveaway of It's Perfectly Natural products.  Check out her post if your interested.

Cost - $12
Recommended to be used for - receding hairlines, balding crowns, dry scalp, dry skin, double strand twists and finger coils.

Root Food claims to - "essentially is nourishment for your hair follicles. For those that suffer from receding hairlines and balding crowns, this is a spot treatment that will help to "wake-up" those dormant hair follicles.  Root Food will give your hair softness, shine and manageability, while promoting growth. This scalp treatment is concentrated and filled with all natural organic herbs that will stimulate your scalp and help your hair to thrive again. This will soften your hair, add shine, help define your curls and of course nourish your scalp."
 
I applied a small amount to my fingers and gently rubbed it into my scalp where my hair had thinned a little this past March from my last relaxer.  My hair doesn't look or feel greasy and I like the scent.  It smells like crushed herbs and I don't mind that at all.  I plan to give this product a one month trial to see if my thinning spot fills in a little.  Below is a picture of the thinned out area in my hair.  This area thinned out in March 2011 after my last relaxer and was ultimately the reason why I decided to go natural. 
My problem area where my hair thinned out after my last relaxer.




If you are interested in trying this product out or any of Denise's other handmade products you can find her shop at It's Perfectly Natural.

It's Perfectly Natural  Root Food Ingredients- Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grape seed Oil, Candlelilla Wax , Unrefined Shea Butter, Black Seed Oil, Calamus Root, botanically infused with organic herbs, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, rosemary extract, lavender, vitamin e


Until next time...
Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen,

    I ran across your article and I know it's been awhile since you reviewed "Root Food", wanted to know how things were going with you and also to let you know that my site address has changed it's http://itsperfectly-natural.com I would love to hear from you.. email me when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete