Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Eco Styler Gel Olive Oil battles my Aussie Moist

I have been using the Eco Styler Gel in the black container and loving the results.  Since I have introduced my jojoba and rosemary oil mixture to my routine I thought that the Eco Styler Gel with Olive Oil would be better for my hair.  So, this morning I decided to try the Eco Styler with Olive Oil for my wash-n-go.  I co-washed with my Hello Hydration, patted my hair with my microfiber towel, added my jojoba and rosemary oil mix and massaged it into my scalp, then I applied a handful of my Aussie Moist conditioner.  I was using my Denman brush like before to rake the gel through my hair when I noticed that my hair was getting whiter and whiter.  Now, I'm use to my conditioner foaming up a little, but this was really foamy!

So, since I had a meeting this morning I decided to quickly jump into the shower and rinse all the gel out.  I then did everything listed above, but I used my Eco Styler gel in the black container.  No foaming from my conditioner and I got my usually results.  Sorry no pictures of the foamy white hair, I was running late and we got a dusting of snow which translates into a long commute.

What I really want is some advice.  The Eco Styler Gel in the black container is brown so I believe that maybe the white foam didn't happen because of that.  While the Olive Oil version is clear.  So, if I use the Olive Oil again will it foam up and if so will it dry clear?  Also, is my jojoba and rosemary oil mixture making my conditioner and Eco Styler Olive Oil become foamy white?  Please help!  Until next time...
Blessings!

15 comments:

  1. I find that the Olive Oil Eco Styler doesn't mix very well with the products that I use. That could possibly be the issue. Might have to give the brown Eco Styler gel a try sometime. Beautiful curls by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I believe that I might not be able to use this product if it can't work with my conditioner. I do like the protein version results.

      Delete
  2. I can not help with your question about the olive oil, ecostyler etc but I just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy belate birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you have to change the order in which you apply the products. I like the EcoStyler (brown) because it has a milder hold than the Olive Oil or the Crystal, both of which come at you with a power of 10. All the gel dries clear, in my experience, but sometimes it dries crunchier than feels comfortable. I usually use just a jojoba oil base and overlayment with my gel applications . . . I get the best results that way. The curly butter mix I made was created with Olive Oil gel and you saw that I felt I had "mixed results" . . . C'est la vie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but I don't feel comfortable wearing only oil and gel in my hair without a conditioner. I have read that the get can be very drying. Now I see why lots of people love the KCCC.

      Delete
  4. @Jen, I had to stop using the Eco Styler gel w/ Olive Oil because my hair would turn white. I would use the gel atop of my shea butter, and these same results. All I can suggest is try using the gel with no other products or at least some oil to avoid build up like that. I think that layering the gel gives you the build up, and the culprit may be that conditioner. I would wash it out and then apply my gel. Hope this helps. Let me know your results!Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the olive oil today with my jojoba rosemary oil mix and just a little bit of Tresemme conditioner instead of my Aussie Moist. My hair was a little white, but it dried completely clear.

      Delete
  5. Oh, and the hairstyle in the above pic is ABSOLUTELY beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like using the eco styler gel with my Denman brush. It makes my curls pop.

      Delete
  6. I've used the Eco Styler gel after applying Shea Butter to my hair and Olive Oil. It turned white after I applied it, but it dried clear.

    ReplyDelete