Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sidewalk chalk everywhere

Chalk everywhere compliments of my 3 year old son.
Hello everyone!  Day two of back to school is done and I'm exhausted.  Is it too soon to start counting down the days to summer break 2013?  What a great summer break this was and now that I'm back to school I've forgotten that sleeping to 7:30am was sleeping in!  My geriatric dogs are back to getting me up at 5:30am and since my alarm goes off at 6am I'm basically up for the day. 

Well, up here in MN the weather has been heating up and we are having some very hot August weather this week.  My son is loving the new backyard and for his birthday he got some sidewalk chalk.  Don't tell him that the chalk is for the sidewalk.  He discovered that he can run the chalk on the sidewalk, place his hand in the chalk, and then stamp hand prints on himself and me.  What a joy it is to enjoy the last of the summer hanging out with my son in our backyard.  I know that one day very soon he will be grown up and sprinting out the door, so I have to hold on to these precious moments while they last.  Find joy in where you are now, because you're  not guaranteed another.  Until next time...
Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Aww...He is so adorable!
    You are right about holding on to what we have now...tomorrow's not always promised. Make the most of the school year, it will surely pass by quick! I'm also bracing myself for the early mornings and full day!
    Blessings to you too!

    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just feel like my son will be grown up so quick that I need to live in every moment with him. He's so precious now, and since I work with teenagers I know that he will think differently of me in just a few short years.

      Delete