Monday, August 6, 2012

First Ponytail

Hello everyone!  As my first year of being natural gets closer I have been playing with my hair.  Since the curlformers basically stretched my hair out I decided to try to pull ALL my hair into one ponytail.  This morning I used some water and gel to slick back my hair and then I gently started to gather and smooth my hair into a ponytail.  This is the first time I have gotten all my hair into a ponytail without needing any hair clips to bobby pins to hold down stray hairs.  This style really puts my face on display and my son told me seven times today that he liked my earrings.  Yeah, I counted!
First ponytail.
I was really surprised that my hair really isn't pulled all that tight.  No headaches or feeling that my edges have too much tension.  I comfortably wore my ponytail all day long and thought to myself that I could of done a ponytail two months ago. 

Now, I haven't forgotten to do an update on my Viviscal experiment.  I hope to get it done maybe tomorrow.  If not I will for sure update early next week.  My family and I are going to Adventure Camp with our church this weekend, so I will be busy.  Until next time...
Blessings

13 comments:

  1. You look beautiful and I love your puff/ponytail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute style Jen and I must add CONGRATULATIONS!!I remember how happy I was when I found that could finally achieve a ponytail without pins:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to pull the hair off my neck because it has been very hot here in Minnesota.

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATION.NOW you are really knowing that your hair grown;LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It feels good to get more length. I'm loving it!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your first pony!! It looks gorgeous and really does bring out your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will need to remember to wear makeup when I wear a ponytail.

      Delete
  5. Cuteness squared! Awesomeness cubed! Serious congratulations on your ponytail achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the squared and cubed.

      Delete
  6. WOW! Jen that pony is too cute! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Jen..keep up the good work and I love the ponytail on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that my hair is long enough to have a ponytail.

      Delete