Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One Year Natural!

One year natural wash n go.
Hello everyone!  Today one year ago I cut all my relaxed hair off and became 100% natural.  This first year I didn't just style and grow out my hair I redefined beauty and how I perceive what beauty looks like.  I measured my hair and I have 8 inches in the front.  I know the back is longer but considering I started with 1 7/8 inches after my big chop I have grow a little over 6 inches this year which means I was able to retain the average amount of hair growth in a year.  Not bad, I'll take it!

I created a collage of my fro from my big chop to six months to now one year later.  I was sporting some serious big hair yesterday so I thought let's see how big I can get this hair.  I achieved this big hair (one year picture) by picking out my curlformers picked out look I wore this past weekend.  The picture with the blue flower was taken today after doing a wash n go.
I decided to created a one year video of my hair journey this past year.  This has been fun and don't ask me if I plan to cut my hair anytime soon because I'm part of the 2014 hair growth challenge, so I plan on growing it out until then.  I do plan to only do hair length checks every 2 months instead of every month.  I will post sometime next week what I have learned about my hair over this year.  Until next time...
Blessings!

18 comments:

  1. Pretty! You look cute with your curly hair. Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so cute AND look like a religious painting from Ethiopia;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your hair looks awesome, and you managed to retain all your length. I hope your journey only grows better with time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that I was able to retain my length. My goal is to have arm pit length in it's curly state. I know it will probably take 5 years.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on one year natural! Look at that growth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm loving that hair is growing out nicely.

      Delete
  5. Yayy! Congratulations Jen! Your hair has grown sooo much! I'm loving the ponytail :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy when I was able to gather all my hair into a ponytail without needing any clips or pins. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on reaching your 1 yr. Nappiversary, Jen! Looking good.Loved the collage.
    #Teamnatural

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats for sticking to it! Your hair is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats, you've come a long way. keep it up your hair is growing beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jen- Look at how much your hair has grown! It's so worth it to press through that awkward phase of being natural (two textures competing for attention) Press on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm starting to be more comfortable with my length.

      Delete