Sunday, July 8, 2012

11 month anniversary of big chop

Hello everyone!  I have returned from my week long adventure at the bible conference.  The hubby and I were in charge of the nursery and we didn't get out much.  The good news is that my son is pretty much potty trained!  He only had 3 accidents the whole week and he woke up wet only once at night.  The bad news is that I didn't get a chance to hear many sermons or attend many of the studies.  I think I heard two sermons and three bible studies.  Oh well, the nursery was a lot of fun and I got to know the parents of the children my son's age very well.  In fact one of the parents is a natural and new friend of mine that I will be featuring latter this week.
11 months all natural wash n go church hair.
Anyway, today is my 11 month anniversary of my big chop.  I remember battling with myself this time last year about whether I should transition for a year or just cut it all off.  Well, clearly I didn't do a long transition and I'm glad I big chopped.  My hair is now measuring about 7.5 inches in the front and with one whole month of Viviscal I have noticed that I'm shedding less hair when I co-wash and shampoo my hair.  I have noticed that my thinned out spot is not as noticeable as before.  Maybe because my hair is longer now and hiding that spot better, or maybe the Viviscal is starting to work.  I think it is too soon to tell either way.  My hair doesn't feel thicker, but when I do wash/wet my hair my eyes don't see only scalp on my crown.  I have noticed that my nails are growing longer and if you have weak brittle nails I recommend Viviscal.  I plan to do a full update on Viviscal next month and of course a wrap up in September where I will decided if I will continue with this product or not.  Maybe I will need more time to see the full effects.  We'll see.

Ignore my tired look.  I'm trying to hold my hair and work the camera.
I purchased some Mop Top medium hold gel before my trip and I have been using it for about two weeks now.  Since I'm basically a Mop Top girl this gel works great with the other Mop Top products.  I like the hold that this gel has been giving my hair and the humidity is not affecting my curls at all.  I do want to play with my curl formers sometime this month, but my niece, nephew and mother will be visiting and my son turns 3 this month so, we'll see how much free time I will have for basically a one day hair style.  By the way this is post 100 for me!  Until next time...

Blessings!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th posting as well as the strides your hair has made. I am glad you conference went well and good luck getting back in your daily routines at home. Hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The conference was a lot of fun and I feel like my cup is full.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your anniversary and your 100th post. Your hair IS growing and looks healthy! Hope you get some free time to use your curlformers cause I'll like to see your results:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see about the curlformers. I love them, but they are basically a one day hair and that's a lot of work for only day. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hey JenJen,

    Glad to hear that your spot may be losing its battle in your crown. Congratulations on the milestone. Next month will be a year -- August 8 -- can you believe it? I think you should throw your hair a party to celebrate. Looking forward to your review, your upcoming natural feature and also glad to hear that you had a great time at your bible conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My spot doesn't feel as thin as it did before. I'm hoping that things are turning around. I too am thinking about doing something special for my hair. I'm a little shy to flat iron my hair so I might do the curl formers instead. Thank you so much for your support!

      Delete
  4. your hair is growing really fast. good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! And thanks for the compliment.

      Delete